Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Wishlist Wednesday: Astria Ascending

 

In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Astria Ascending by Artisan Studios.



THE STATS

Name: Astria Ascending
Developer: Artisan Studios
Publisher: Dear Villagers
Release Date: September 30, 2021
Genres: RPG
Wishlist Location: GOG


MEDIA FROM ASTRIA-ASCENDING.COM







(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

The trailer certainly doesn't tell you very much about the game itself, so you actually have to, like... read the website and store pages. It's basically a very pretty, high fantasy RPG (think Final Fantasy, Octopath Traveler, Bravely Default 2, etc.). They are so aware that their art is pretty, in fact, that there are wallpapers and character cards to view in their media section of the website (you're welcome). But getting back to the game itself, and aside from being pretty, it follows a lot of the standard things that people love about the Final Fantasy series: customization of characters, jobs, magical places, summoning mythical creatures, great music, dev veterans from the Final Fantasy team (yep, so that lends some extra street cred), and a turn-based battle system we can all love.

If all else fails, just ogle that gorgeous artwork and open your wallet.


If you agree, you can wishlist it on GOG here!



If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!



If you enjoy my Wishlist selections, consider joining me on Patreon
You can join for as little as $2!

No comments:

Post a Comment