Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Wishlist Wednesday: Shattered - Tale of the Forgotten King ACQUIRED

 

In this monthly sub-feature, I revisit a Wishlist Wednesday title that I have since acquired and had the opportunity to play, sharing whether or not it is still a good wishlist item. This month's choice is Shattered: Tale of the Forgotten King by Redlock Studio.



THE STATS

Name: Shattered: Tale of the Forgotten King
Developer: Redlock Studio
Publisher: Redlock Studio
Release Date: February 17, 2021
Genres: Action, adventure, indie, RPG
Wishlist Location: Steam
Last Appeared in Gamer Reverie: It didn't get a chance to!


GAMEPLAY SCREENSHOTS









GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE

This is a pretty soulslike action RPG. There's a lot to discover, it isn't strictly linear (though you do have to do some things to clear obstacles before progressing or obtaining access to other areas), and the controls tutorial definitely holds your hand more firmly than anything provided in Dark Souls. In fact, it's a bit annoying that the pop-up windows will keep popping up every time to pass specific spots... even if you've already done what it suggested/taught. But that's probably my ONLY complaint about the game thus far! I haven't played much of it yet, due to lots of chaos beyond the blog, but you can bet I'll be going back in to see more of this dark and beautiful world. 


VERDICT

This game never made it to a regular Wishlist Wednesday entry because I obtained a key for it from Redlock Studio directly before I was able to add it into my blog queue. (Thank you, Redlock!) If you can't tell, THIS IS A GAME YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY WISHLIST AND/OR PURCHASE. I'm not just saying that because I didn't have to purchase the game. I'm terrible at playing soulslike games, but this one seems to have just enough of a learning curve to make it enjoyable rather than highly stressful. (I understand the purpose behind Dark Souls mechanics thanks to my husband's affinity for them, but it isn't a genre for everyone.) Shattered will give you a nice dark RPG fix while also keeping you on your toes... and distracting you with the visuals.



If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!


If you enjoy my Wishlist selections, consider joining me on Patreon!

No comments:

Post a Comment