Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Wishlist Wednesday: The Gardens Between

 

In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is The Gardens Between by The Voxel Agents.



THE STATS

Name: The Gardens Between
Developer: The Voxel Agents
Publisher: The Voxel Agents
Release Date: September 19, 2018
Genres: Adventure, indie
Wishlist Location: Steam


MEDIA FROM THEGARDENSBETWEEN.COM









(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

A stress-free, thoughtful, puzzle-filled, homage to friendship? Yes, please. This is the kind of casual game that fires on all cylinders for me. It is crafted with care -- details and presentation of environment were all considered. It touches on the ups and downs of friendship, the memories, and the time that shapes it. The added bonus of the game taking place in a magical realm that harbors all of their joint memories and significant objects. It speaks of childhood and growth, and those are things we all experience in life -- easily making this the kind of game that touches players on a deeper level than it would seem to at first glance. I can't wait to try playing it someday!


If you agree, you can wishlist it on Steam here or use this handy widget:


If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!


If you enjoy my Wishlist selections, consider joining me on Patreon!

No comments:

Post a Comment