Saturday, January 21, 2023

Soundtrack Saturday: Dusk '82

In this weekly feature, I recommend game soundtracks. I share a few of my favorite tracks, talk about why everyone should listen to the soundtrack, and a little bit about the composer. This week's choice is Dusk '82 by David Szymanski.

THE STATS

Name: Dusk '82
Developer: 
David Szymanski
Publisher: New Blood Interactive
Release Date: October 22, 2021
Genres: Adventure, Casual, Indie, Strategy
Composer: Andrew Hulshult


MY FAVORITE TRACKS

(The full list of tracks are linked by playlist below... and I highly recommend some good headphones to best enjoy all of the subtle elements of the music!) 


All of it. There are 10 amazing chip tune tracks and you should listen to all of them. Here's an embedded playlist for you, or you can click the link beneath it:



You can also listen to the full soundtrack here:


WHY DO I RECOMMEND IT?

You won't get to listen to these tracks like this by playing the game. The in-game music is 1-minute loops, so the YouTube playlist is already better than the game's musical experience. But why settle for having to visit YouTube every time you want to hear the awesome chip tunes? They're dark, catchy, and I wish there were more. I'll probably buy the soundtrack. (See link below!)

THE COMPOSER

I've never heard of Andrew Hulshult before, and that's okay -- I always say it's okay to learn a new composer name, because that keeps things from getting stale in the gaming industry. If all the music was done by the same handful of people, we'd get tired of it pretty quickly.

But back to Andrew: A Texas boy, he's been a fan favorite for work on tracks and scoring for titles like Rise of the Triad, Amid Evil, Doom Eternal's The Ancient Gods campaign expansion, and Quake Champions. Unsurprisingly, I haven't played any of those games. Will I be checking out the soundtracks to them now? You bet!


If you like what you heard here, you can purchase the soundtrack on Steam:


If you enjoy my Soundtrack selections, consider joining me on Patreon!
You can join for as little as $2!

No comments:

Post a Comment