Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Wishlist Wednesday: BLACKTAIL

 In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is BLACKTAIL by THE PARASIGHT.


THE STATS

Name: BLACKTAIL
Developer: THE PARASIGHT
Publisher: Focus Entertainment
Release Date: December 15, 2022
Genres: Action, adventure, RPG
Wishlist Location: Steam


MEDIA FROM THEPARASIGHT.COM







(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

    Slavic mythology has so many stories about Baba Yaga, and this game lets you live out the origin of the figure and shape it how you want it to be! The common mythology about Baba Yaga is that she was a witch, and she lived in a hut on fowl's legs -- there's even a segment of Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition that is based on Viktor Hartman's artwork of a clock depicting the hut. Sorry, my musical background is showing again, isn't it? 

    That said, Yaga's story is full of difficult decisions and the game has a Morality system built around it. This is a well-crafted RPG that has you taking measures for your own survival in the forest after being cast out as a witch. Gather, craft, hunt, explore, and make choices that will ultimately impact the world of the game. 

    The bonus -- and allure -- for me is that the game also focuses on archery, and I am a sucker for games with bows. (I have my own recurve for bow hunting, in fact.) The only exception to this would be the game Probably Archery, but I'm confident the mechanism isn't as difficult in this RPG-focused game versus the intentionally difficult QWOP styled game. Pew, pew!

    The game world is gorgeous, and the devs know it -- they pushed it out for PC and the newest gen consoles only. It's not as demanding as some other upcoming titles, but it's demanding enough that you might even forego the PC for a console. (Did I say that? I sure did. Look at that trailer again and tell me it wouldn't look gorgeous on PS5!)


If you agree, you can wishlist it on Steam here!




If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!



If you enjoy my Wishlist selections, consider joining me on Patreon
You can join for as little as $2!

No comments:

Post a Comment