Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Wishlist Wednesday: Wildfrost



 In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Wildfrost by Deadpan Games & Gaziter.


THE STATS

Name: Wildfrost
Developer: Deadpan Games, Gaziter
Publisher: Chucklefish
Release Date: Q1 2023
Genres: Indie, strategy
Wishlist Location: Steam


MEDIA FROM WILDFROSTGAME.COM








(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

    It's an adorable deckbuilder for people who like strategy games but also... cute stuff. I'm always late to the deckbuilding games, and they're mostly too complicated for me to really enjoy. This one seems to be easier to understand but also with a great setting for its backstory. I may also be partial to games with the word "frost" in the title since the name of my personal creative studio has the same word in it. 

    Promises of replayability also makes this a title I want. There's nothing worse than a linear storyline with the same levels to complete to reach the story's conclusion. Wildfrost promises daily runs and challenges, and I look forward to them!

    I also think the story in the Press Kit about how the developers came together is rather endearing. They admired each other's work and decided to work on something together at the start of the covid pandemic. Creativity is always at its best when the creators are dealing with things beyond their control -- it makes the creative outlet that much more poignant and imperative!


If you agree, you can wishlist it on Steam here!




If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!



If you enjoy my Wishlist selections, consider joining me on Patreon
You can join for as little as $2!

No comments:

Post a Comment