Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Wishlist Wednesday: Decay of Logos


In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Decay of Logos by Amplify Creations.




THE STATS

Name: Decay of Logos
Developer: Amplify Creations
Publisher: Rising Star Games
Release Date: August 30, 2019 (PC)
Genres: Action-adventure RPG
Wishlist Location: GOG


MEDIA FROM DECAYOFLOGOS.COM


 
 
 
 
 



(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)




WHY I WANT IT

Princess Mononoke vibes, anyone? Protagonist and their horned mount/companion on a journey? Just me?

If you look into Amplify's website and their About section, they clearly state that there was a lot of influence from European folklore and the high fantasy of J.R.R. Tolkien. For me, that is a winning combo all on its own, but they also talk about the exploration being player-centric without a lot of hand-holding. What does that mean? It means you explore on your own terms and they won't steer you or help you through the game -- a game that can be played the way you want to, basically. I fully accept the consequences of bad decisions -- that's what save files are for! (For me, anyway. You play however you wish to!)



If you like what you see about Decay of Logos here and via linked media, be sure to tweet at them on Twitter (@DecayofLogos) and tell them #GamerReverieBlog (@SpottedSnark) sent you!




If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment