Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Wishlist Wednesday: Disco Elysium


In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Disco Elysium by ZA/UM.




THE STATS

Developer: ZA/UM
Publisher: ZA/UM
Release Date: October 15, 2019
Genres: Role-playing
Wishlist Location: Steam


MEDIA FROM ZAUMSTUDIO.COM

(I have not included some of the available screenshots because of mature and/or violent themes present in the game. Please be aware that these are still in the developer's video trailer. It has not been given an ESRB rating. Discretion advised!)














(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

This is a little more gritty than I normally would have an interest in, but the amazing art style pulled me in. That, and there isn't any actual combat in this RPG. You have skill checks and dialogue trees. That appeals to me. It means I can think my way through things instead of having to rely on quick reactions or hand-eye coordination. I also love that the world is fully thought out -- the creator has 6,000 years of history behind the game's current events! Bonus: There's also a feature call the Thought Cabinet, where you unlock your character's memories. It reminds me of Sherlock's Mind Palace, and I'm all for it.




If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment