Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Wishlist Wednesday: Wildermyth

 

In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Wildermyth by Worldwalker Games.



THE STATS

Name: Wildermyth
Developer: Worldwalker Games
Publisher: Worldwalker Games
Release Date: June 15, 2021
Genres: Indie, RPG, strategy
Wishlist Location: Steam


MEDIA FROM WILDERMYTH.COM









(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

Usually I'm not a huge fan of procedural generation, but I'm too dazzled by the beauty of the hand-painted 2D designs placed in a 3D world. It's a lovely bit of artwork! I also am interested in the variety of enemies that aren't your typical orc, goblin, etc. Do you SEE that raccoon up in picture 4? Yes, please. I want originality and story. I love that characters get big backstories to play off of, and that you can play this solo or with friends. But best of all, getting to build the characters up and let them retire and become legends is so awesome! If you like choose-your-path style RPGs with story consequences and this beautiful hand-painted artwork, then this game belongs on your wishlist (or in your shopping cart!).


If you agree, you can wishlist it on Steam here or use this handy widget:


If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!


If you enjoy my Wishlist selections, consider joining me on Patreon!


No comments:

Post a Comment