Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Wishlist Wednesday: Decay of Logos ACQUIRED

 

In this new monthly sub-feature, I revisit a Wishlist Wednesday title that I have since acquired and had the opportunity to play, sharing whether or not it is still a good wishlist item. This month's choice is Decay of Logos by Amplify Creations.



THE STATS

Name: Decay of Logos
Developer: Amplify Creations
Publisher: Rising Star Games
Release Date: August 30, 2019 (PC)
Genres: Action-adventure RPG
Wishlist Location: GOG
Last Appeared in Gamer Reverie: August 26, 2020


GAMEPLAY SCREENSHOTS









GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE

This. Game. Is. Gorgeous. I'm so glad you get to explore and play by your own direction (with some exceptions like obstacles to bypass), because it means I can indulge in the eye candy.  Downside to this play-how-you-want game is that it relies on checkpoints and autosaves. You can't just decide you're at a good stopping point and save. I haven't played very far, but combat is a little lethargic as well. Starting stamina is non-existent so you only get about two swings in before you have to pause and kite around your enemy. Oh, and don't fight more than one at a time or you're going to survive only by the skin of your teeth. Those poor points aside, I'm looking forward to more exploration, puzzles, and story!


VERDICT

Yes, you should want this game. It is every bit as Tolkien-esque and Ghibli-like as I mentioned when I first wrote about it. The models and atmosphere are slightly different, but the feel reminds me a great deal of Pine, with some elements of Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles. Oh, and if nothing else has sold you, YOU CAN CUDDLE THE ELK. That's right. You can regularly approach the elk from the front and cuddle it. You can also feed it the berries it likes and build a stronger bond with it so it can help you against your enemies. You're welcome.



If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!


If you enjoy my Wishlist selections, consider joining me on Patreon!

No comments:

Post a Comment