Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Wishlist Wednesday: Boyfriend Dungeon

    


In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Boyfriend Dungeon by Kitfox Games.


THE STATS

Name: Boyfriend Dungeon
Developer: Kitfox Games
Publisher: Kitfox Games
Release Date: August 11, 2021
Genres: Indie, RPG, simulation
Wishlist Location: Steam


MEDIA FROM BOYFRIENDDUNGEON.COM








(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

I like quirky dating sims. If you didn't know that, I refer you to my entries about I Love You, Colonel Sanders, Raptor Boyfriend, Doki Doki Literature Club, and Cold Hearts.

So, this dating sim works in the dungeon crawl element so that your weapon relationships can make you stronger. Liberal minds rest easy: the weapons offer relationships across the interest spectrum. There's even a cat.

Kitfox is the developer/publisher that brought us other fantastic titles like Dwarf Fortress, Moon Hunters (which I enjoyed during my Extra Life marathon in 2018), and The Shrouded Isle. They are a bunch of great people from everything I've read about them, and if you don't believe me you can check out their list of Values in their About Us.

The trailer leaves a promise of some great soundtrack music as well, so what do you have to lose except your heart?


If you agree, you can wishlist it on Steam here!




If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!



If you enjoy my Wishlist selections, consider joining me on Patreon
You can join for as little as $2!

No comments:

Post a Comment