Sunday, April 16, 2023

Soundtrack Saturday: A Plague Tale - Requiem


In this weekly feature, I recommend game soundtracks. I share a few of my favorite tracks, talk about why everyone should listen to the soundtrack, and a little bit about the composer. This week's choice is A Plague Tale: Requiem by Asobo Studio.

THE STATS

Name: A Plague Tale: Requiem
Developer: 
Asobo Studio
Publisher: Focus Entertainment
Release Date: October 17, 2022
Genres: Action, adventure
Composer: Olivier Deriviere


MY FAVORITE TRACKS

(The full list of tracks are linked by playlist below... and I highly recommend some good headphones to best enjoy all of the subtle elements of the music!) 

(Length: 1:18) Simple violin!

(Length: 4:34) I'm not crying, you're crying.

(Length: 4:07) There's a magical blend of classical guitar and violin. 

(Length: 5:08) The haunting vocals of this one just... linger.

(Length: 3:02) The percussion is excellent in this track, and the dissonance and distortion really set the tone(s)!


You can listen to the full soundtrack here:

WHY DO I RECOMMEND IT?

This is one of those soundtracks that is best listened to in the background -- namely to tabletop games or wherever fantasy nerds have gathered. It isn't something the average person is just going to queue up on their way to work or anything. Despite that, it is still fantastically composed! You'll really have to listen to the tracks on your own. I know that makes for a very scant blog entry, but... you just have to hear it to understand!

THE COMPOSER

I have written about Olivier Deriviere before! In fact, one of my all-time favorite game OSTs was his work: Remember Me. If you enjoy this OST, you should check out his OST for the first game, A Plague Tale: Innocence. 

If you enjoy my Soundtrack selections, consider joining me on Patreon!
You can join for as little as $2!

No comments:

Post a Comment