Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Wishlist Wednesday: Griftlands


 In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Griftlands by Klei Entertainment.


THE STATS

Name: Griftlands
Developer: Klei Entertainment
Publisher: Klei Entertainment
Release Date: June 1, 2021
Genres: Indie, deck building, roguelite, RPG
Wishlist Location: Steam


MEDIA FROM KLEI.COM









(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

    I don't usually go for deck building games, but lately there have been some awesome ones. Griftlands isn't terribly recent, but still recent enough to warrant attention. The style and story reminds me of so many things: He-Man, The Mandalorian, Firefly, Futurama... lots of elements of space adventures I've enjoyed throughout my life. Adding in the emphasis of choices and decisions having an impact alongside the deck you build makes it as much of a strategy game (right up my alley) as any other genre. I think if you're wanting to get in on a fun deck building game but have a sci-fi flavor... this would be a game to explore!


If you agree, you can wishlist it on Steam here!


If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!



If you enjoy my Wishlist selections, consider joining me on Patreon
You can join for as little as $2!

No comments:

Post a Comment