Saturday, March 16, 2024

Soundtrack Saturday: Bayonetta 3


On Soundtrack Saturdays I recommend game soundtracks. I share a few of my favorite tracks, talk about why everyone should listen to the soundtrack, and a little bit about the composer. This week's choice is Bayonetta 3 by PlatinumGames.

THE STATS

Name: Bayonetta 3
Developer: PlatinumGames

Publisher: Nintendo
Release Date: October 28, 2022
Genres: Action-adventure, hack and slash
Composers: Naofumi Harada, Masahiro Aoki, Tomoki Kameyama, Hyun Kim, et al.


MY FAVORITE TRACKS

(The full list of tracks are linked by playlist below... and I highly recommend some good headphones to best enjoy all of the subtle elements of the music!) 

Red Moon (Masahiro Aoki)
(Length: 3:41) Sinister organ, transitioning to hard rock with jamming guitar and intense drums? Yes, please.

GH()ST (Tomoki Kameyama)
"Set it free, the fire in me, that's trapped inside..."
(Length: 6:07) Feels like Paramore, and I wish there was more of it!

Queen Magick (Masahiro Aoki)
(Length: 3:45) This just feels like the awesome intro to some amazing character or special power that steals the show for a while -- and it's awesome.

(Length: 7:28) This track makes me think of the Madoka Magica OST by Yuki Kajiura -- a high compliment from me!

Gomorrah Brings Destruction (Tomoki Kameyama)
(Length: 4:08) This one starts out sounding like the theme from Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana. In fact, it sounds in general like it could be part of that OST as well! (Probably why I like this track so much.)



You can listen to the full soundtrack here:

WHY DO I RECOMMEND IT?

    There's a FANTASTIC spectrum of genres in this EXPANSIVE OST! There are 275 tracks across 8 discs, and I only shared 5 of them with you above. Do yourself a favor--especially if you love action games, anime games, or JRPGs in general--and listen to this music. It makes me think of many older games I used to love playing JUST to hear the music! There's rock, classical, pop, jazz, bossa nova... This game OST has it all!

THE COMPOSER(S)

    There are nearly as many composers for this OST as there are tracks, so I can only encourage you to use this Bayonetta fandom wiki link for the OST to find out who composed the tracks you like best and then go find more of their work to adore!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment