Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Wishlist Wednesday: A Fold Apart

 

In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is A Fold Apart by Lightning Rod Games.




THE STATS

Name: A Fold Apart
Developer: Lightning Rod Games
Publisher: Lightning Rod Games
Release Date: April 16, 2020
Genres: Adventure, casual, indie, strategy
Wishlist Location: Humble


MEDIA FROM LIGHTNINGRODGAMES.COM









(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

This isn't  the first puzzle game based on folding paper that I have played. See also: KAMI, Tengami.

This game takes the simpler elements of those other two games and builds on a story to a greater degree. Some reviews on Steam complain about the puzzles not being very challenging, but I think they missed the "casual" tag. People drawn to paper-folding puzzles aren't necessarily looking for challenge so much as something to enjoy while relaxing. The idea of helping the characters reach goals and experiencing their long distance relationship is relatable and cute. 

Would I play this game a lot? Probably not, but it's always good to have a low-key game option when you're exhausted from everything else, especially day-to-day life. (Adulting is hard, gang.)



Are you interested in this game? Consider clicking the image below to make the purchase from the Humble store. Using my Humble Partner link lets you support the Extra Life charity, and 100% of the purchase that you designate to 'snarkqueen' gets redirected to my Extra Life donation page and the kids I support at Children's National.



If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment