Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Wishlist Wednesday: The Great Perhaps

 

In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is The Great Perhaps by Caligari Games.



THE STATS

Name: The Great Perhaps
Developer: Caligari Games
Publisher: Daedalic Entertainment
Release Date: August 14, 2019
Genres: Adventure, puzzle, sci-fi
Wishlist Location: GOG


MEDIA FROM CALIGARIGAMES.COM








(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

Time travel. Puzzles. Adventure. It's everything I'd hoped could have been true for the disappointing "Ben There, Dan That" game and its sequel (only look in to them if you're super bored or in quarantine). While I don't think there will be any Nazi dinosaurs in this game, I still have much higher hopes for it based on its reviews and clearly apparent depth. I don't typically enjoy post-apocalyptic settings, but I think the puzzles and shifting back and forth through time will compensate for that particular distaste. 

Plus, they had me at "wistful hand-drawn 2D art style."


If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment