Saturday, January 9, 2021

Soundtrack Saturday: Moss

 

In this weekly feature, I recommend game soundtracks. I share a few of my favorite tracks, talk about why everyone should listen to the soundtrack, and a little bit about the composer. This week's choice is Moss by Polyarc.



THE STATS

Name: Moss
Developer: Polyarc
Publisher: Polyarc
Release Date: February 27, 2018
Genres: Action, Adventure, Casual, VR
Composer: Jason Graves



MY FAVORITE TRACKS

(The titles link to YouTube videos... and I highly recommend some good headphones to best enjoy all of the subtle elements of the music!)

Cinder Skies
(Length: 5:22) This is easily my favorite -- between the chord progressions, the fast-paced melodies, and the pizzicato strings, there's a lot to love here.

(Length: 5:41) Mysterious beginning, and it morphs into something truly lovely!

(Length: 5:30) Recognize the voice in this one? That's Malukah, and you probably heard that familiar voice in The Banner Saga games' OSTs. 


You can listen to the full soundtrack on YouTube:




WHY DO I RECOMMEND IT?

I'd seen ads for the game and had dismissed it out of hand because it was VR (and that doesn't interest me), but the "good soundtrack" tag caught my eye and I decided it deserved a fair shot in the Soundtrack Saturday series. The OST as a whole gives me Celtic, country vibes with a lot of strings and rolling melodies. It's pleasant even when the mood of a piece is not, and I don't think there's a single skippable track in the bunch!


THE COMPOSER: JASON GRAVES

This guy has been BUSY. I can't even begin to start on the variety of compositions he's done, so I'll simply refer you to the credits on his website. The only thing left to wonder is why there weren't more than 11 tracks for Moss!






🎁 Did you know I'm giving away games? 🎁
Deadline to enter for each one is by the end of January 12th!


No comments:

Post a Comment