Saturday, December 18, 2021

Soundtrack Saturday: Inked - A Tale of Love

 

In this weekly feature, I recommend game soundtracks. I share a few of my favorite tracks, talk about why everyone should listen to the soundtrack, and a little bit about the composer. This week's choice is Inked: A Tale of Love by Somnium Games.


THE STATS

Name: Inked: A Tale of Love
Developer: Somnium Games

Publisher: Pixmain

Release Date: April 26, 2018
Genres: Adventure, casual, indie
Sound Designers: Elsequare (Lovro Golac, Lovro Vukić)



MY FAVORITE TRACKS

(The full list of tracks are linked by playlist below... and I highly recommend some good headphones to best enjoy all of the subtle elements of the music!) 


You won't find any individual track listings here today, friends. Only 10 tracks appear to be available to listen to anywhere. For me to link to half of them when they're all on the same page of a site would be... kind of silly. So I'll just link to that page and let you decide if you want to hear more by purchasing the OST on Steam (link and widget embedded below). However, if I had to pick a favorite track of the ones that are available to preview, then I'd have to go with Of Ice and Frost. It has a waltzy, music box style to it -- which is a big weakness of mine. 


You can listen to part of the soundtrack here.


WHY DO I RECOMMEND IT?

The game itself has Very Positive reviews on Steam, and the art style is unique, being based on ballpoint pen art on graph paper. What I can listen to of the soundtrack is amazing, so I have no doubt it fully earns the "great soundtrack" tag. I may buy it for a full listen, or even just to play my favorite track on repeat!


THE COMPOSERS

I don't have a lot of information for you here, aside from the fact that the duo combined go by the name Elsequare. I reached out a month ago to Somnium Games to get more information about the composers as well as be directed to anything beyond their Soundcloud page, but never received a reply. If their work intrigues you, they provide an email address on the page!



If you like what you heard here, you can purchase the soundtrack (and art!) on Steam here or use this handy widget: 




If you enjoy my Soundtrack selections, consider joining me on Patreon!

No comments:

Post a Comment