Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Wishlist Wednesday: Donut County ACQUIRED

 

In this monthly sub-feature, I revisit a Wishlist Wednesday title that I have since acquired and had the opportunity to play, sharing whether or not it is still a good wishlist item. This month's choice is Donut County by Ben Esposito.


THE STATS

Name: Donut County
Developer: Ben Esposito
Publisher: Annapurna Interactive
Release Date: August 28, 2018
Genres: Adventure, casual, indie
Wishlist Location: Steam
Last Appeared in Gamer Reverie: June 3, 2020


GAMEPLAY SCREENSHOTS












GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE

I knew I was going to have fun playing this game, but I didn't know it was going to be a time sink! I meant to play just a smidge of it in order to write this entry on budgeted time... and here I am, sitting here typing this after midnight when I'm usually in bed around 11 pm. 

The mechanics of the game are pretty simple: you move a hole around and as it sucks things in it gets bigger. Your job is to find the right order of items to drop into the hole to accomplish this and clear the area. Further in, you get a catapult feature of the hole that lets you shoot things back out of it. You use this to solve some puzzles in order to REALLY wreck the place. 

The sassy dialogue between the characters adds a lot of humor and lightheartedness to the destruction of the landscape, and I can't decide who my favorite character is... but it might be Morsel.

Also, do not skip reading all the things in the Trashopedia. You will love it, I promise.


VERDICT

Yes. This was definitely well worth buying, and I highly recommend that you wishlist it or buy it directly! The game is casual enough to be relaxing, but puzzling enough to keep you on your toes, and silly/snappy enough to entertain. It's a great balance! Here's a handy widget to go grab it from Steam:



If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!


If you enjoy my Wishlist selections, consider joining me on Patreon!

No comments:

Post a Comment