Saturday, March 25, 2023

Soundtrack Saturday: Aka


In this weekly feature, I recommend game soundtracks. I share a few of my favorite tracks, talk about why everyone should listen to the soundtrack, and a little bit about the composer. This week's choice is Aka by Cosmo Gatto.

THE STATS

Name: Aka
Developer: 
Cosmo Gatto
Publisher: NEOWIZ
Release Date: December 14, 2022
Genres: Adventure, Casual, Simulation
Composer: Kevin "Kounine" Colombin


MY FAVORITE TRACKS

(The full list of tracks are linked by playlist below... and I highly recommend some good headphones to best enjoy all of the subtle elements of the music!) 

(Length: 2:41) This is so much Fruits Basket x Gymnopedie No. 1 by Erik Satie.

(Length: 2:27) This track makes me think of several tracks by Honeyroot (like Falling), and I'm here for it. 

(Length: 3:04) It sounds like it's going to break into a tinkly Joe Hisaishi track at any moment, but instead stays resolutely chill!

(Length: 3:02) Genshin Impact, is that you? No? Color me impressed with this delightful sound!

(Length: 3:33) This track has sound elements similar to many of the tracks in To The Moon, and that makes me happy on a special level.


You can listen to the full soundtrack here:

WHY DO I RECOMMEND IT?

Honestly, you should buy the game with the soundtrack. So much love was put into the game, and it is delightfully relaxing. It's all about finding happiness in a world shadowed by hurt and chaos. Finding peace after knowing absolute darkness. I backed this game's crowdfunding, and I don't have a single regret!

THE COMPOSER

For lots of information and other works, you can visit Kevin "Kounine" Colombin's website. Consider supporting the artist with a purchase the Aka soundtrack from either Bandcamp or Steam below!



If you enjoy my Soundtrack selections, consider joining me on Patreon!
You can join for as little as $2!

No comments:

Post a Comment