Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Wishlist Wednesday: Pentiment


 In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Pentiment by Obsidian Entertainment.


THE STATS

Name: Pentiment
Developer: Obsidian Entertainment
Publisher: Xbox Game Studios
Release Date: November 15, 2022
Genres: Adventure, Casual
Wishlist Location: Steam


MEDIA FROM OBSIDIAN.NET








(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

    I'm a nerd. I like certain types of history. This is one of them. Plus, I really love stylized art (many previous entries are about games with unique artwork!). I also adore narrative-driven games as they remind me of older generations of games that were text-heavy to deliver a good story before graphics became high-tech. On top of that, the game lets you make decisions that are impactful to the story -- and that's always well-delivered by Obsidian (been a huge fan ever since Pillars of Eternity).

    There's some notably mature themes in this game, so please take note of the developer's note about its graphic nature if you're considering this game. However, history was not G-rated and it's something we should always be aware of lest we forget!


If you agree, you can wishlist it on Steam here!


If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!



If you enjoy my Wishlist selections, consider joining me on Patreon
You can join for as little as $2!

No comments:

Post a Comment