Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Wishlist Wednesday: Nightingale


 In this weekly feature, I share game titles from my various gaming wishlists. I share screenshots and video from the developer, talk about my expectations, and generally just ramble about why the title made it onto my list in the first place. This week's choice is Nightingale by Inflexion Games.


THE STATS

Name: Nightingale
Developer: Inflexion Games
Publisher: Inflexion Games
Release Date: Coming Soon
Genres: Action, adventure, RPG, Early Access
Wishlist Location: Steam


MEDIA FROM PLAYNIGHTINGALE.COM











(Newsletter subscribers click here to view embedded video.)



WHY I WANT IT

    So this title is basically the gameplay aspects of Valheim (exploration, crafting, survival) meets gaslamp fantasy & world building. The ability to affect the procedural generation of worlds to travel to takes the appeal of games like No Man's Sky and puts some control into the player's hands (but only some). The added genre of gaslamp fantasy appeals to a different type of player as well -- not necessarily into sci-fi (No Man's Sky) or just fantasy survival (Valheim)... we add some Victorian era elements and mad science... and all the accoutrements the genre affords. It is well-timed on the heels of the success of Hogwarts Legacy which takes place in the 1890's when people may be craving more fantasy set in that kind of era, but perhaps with different magic and mayhem.

    While I'm notoriously bad at anything with the "survival" tag, I'm willing to give this one a try -- but perhaps not when it hits Early Access. The recommended PC specs are a little elevated for my laptop and you're probably tired of hearing how my desktop still needs doctoring. If I can get my desktop in working order within the next month, maybe, I may try signing up for their Creator program if they haven't begun Early Access yet. I can never play too many fantasy games!


If you agree, you can wishlist it on Steam here!




If that isn't enough to pique your interest, then this probably isn't your genre -- and that's okay! Check back next week for another title and let me know what you think of my selection!



If you enjoy my Wishlist selections, consider joining me on Patreon
You can join for as little as $2!

No comments:

Post a Comment